CMPS is a training, certification and ongoing membership program for financial professionals who provide mortgage and real estate equity advice. The CMPS Institute was formed as a joint effort by leaders in the mortgage and financial planning industries to raise professional standards among mortgage professionals and integrate sound financial planning advice into the mortgage process. Recognized for its preeminence within the industry, the CMPS curriculum represents the core knowledge expected of residential mortgage advisors, regardless of the diversity of specializations within the industry. You can be assured that a mortgage professional with CMPS credentials has met rigorous, peer-developed and reviewed standards endorsed by a national professional body. The CMPS curriculum incorporates five essential skill sets related to integrating a client’s mortgage, debt and home equity strategy into their overall financial plan:
- Financial Market and Interest Rate Analysis
- Certification is important for internal professional recognition, external verification, and accountability
- Cash Flow & Debt Analysis
- Real Estate Investment Planning
- Mortgage & Real Estate Taxation
- Ethics and Compliance
With such a wide range of subjects to be mastered, the educational process doesn’t end once the designation is earned. There is a strong commitment among CMPS Members to continuing education through conference calls, seminars and self-study.
Why be Certified?
- Certification is the public’s assurance that an individual has met rigorous, peer-developed and reviewed standards endorsed by a national professional body.
- Employers welcome and respect certification by a national body.
- The CMPS Institute can be used as a third party to verify the credentials of a mortgage professional.
- Certification is a fundamental standard among major professions in this country.
Latest posts by About Us (see all)
- 3.5 percent down Custom Land and Home Construction Loans Available the US - August 8, 2017
- Credit Repair – Are you being presumed guilty ? - August 4, 2017
- Can I really make money in real estate investing - August 4, 2017