One of the first things you need to do before shopping for a new or existing mobile home or manufactured home is to get prequalified by a reputable lender that provides this financing. Many banks don’t want to handle these loans because they are too much hassle. We don’t feel that way and provide mobile home loans and manufactured home loans nationwide.
Financing Available for Doublewide and triple wide mobile homes – In all cases, the homes must be converted from personal to real property. In other words, the mobile home is treated like your car as personal property and to get a Mortgage on it then it must become fixed to the property and become real estate both physically and legally. To obtain any type of financing it must have never been moved from its original location. The terms modular home, mobile home, and manufactured home get tossed around and things can get confusing.
The terms modular home, mobile home, and manufactured home get tossed around and things can get confusing. We will explain that in another blog in the near future.
Mobile home and Modular Home Financing options available nationwide
- Conventional Financing for double wide and triple wide mobile homes requirements are 5% down and allow you to purchase existing manufactured homes and new manufactured homes. The mobile and manufactured home requirements are not quite as strict as the government loans VA mobile home loans, USDA mobile home loans, or FHA mobile home loans regarding the foundation and skirting requirements. However, those requirements add value and so are a good idea to follow, especially if you intend on selling the home in the future.
- USDA Manufactured Home Financing for doublewides and triple wide manufactured homes. Think of this as an FHA manufactured home loan with Zero down with one exception. You can use a USDA loan to purchase a doublewide manufactured homes purchased new from the dealer only. See the USDA Fact Sheet here on Manufactured housing.
- FHA manufactured home Mortgage Financing for doublewides and triple wide manufactured homes offer low down payment of 3.5% of the purchase price and allow you to purchase an existing home as well as a new manufactured home. The Foundation, skirting and anchoring requirements add value, safety, and comfort of the home and improve its resale value. HUD even has an entire department dedicated to the construction standards and financing of manufactured homes.
- VA Financing for doublewides and triple wide manufactured homes offer a zero down option for our veterans that have served our country as well as active service members and surviving spouses. VA Manufactured Home Standards and mortgages closely mirror that of FHA Mobile home standards and FHA Mobile Home Mortgages and allow you to purchase existing and new Manufactured homes.
*We’ve covered financing for double wide and triple wide manufactured homes in this blog. There is financing available for single wide manufactured homes on a limited basis. Just contact our office and we’d be glad to discuss your situation and recommend financing options for your single wide manufactured home.
When buying a new manufactured home your manufactured home mortgage what can it be used for?
- Purchase of an eligible lot or land site, if not already owned by you (only applies to new manufactured homes)
- Purchase of an eligible New manufactured home, including transportation & set-up costs and reasonable site development work, i.e., foundation, driveway, walks, well, septic system, utility connections, etc.
- Purchase of the mobile home and all development work must be done under a single contract
What you cannot do with manufactured home loan for an Existing manufactured home mobile home or new Manufactured home
- Loan funds can not be used to finance furniture, including movable items of personal property, i.e., drapes, beds,
bedding, chairs, sofas, divans, lamps, tables, televisions, radios, stereo sets, etc.
- Amortization period can be no more than 30 years or the projected life of the home according to the appraisal, whichever is less
We offer Manufactured home loans and mobile home mortgages nationwide just call us with your situation and we would be delighted to assist you in purchasing your next manufactured or mobile home.
Where can you get a Manufactured home mortgage in America?
|Your #1 solution for Manufactured home mortgages in America|
|The #1 source for Manufactured Home Mortgage Loans. We provide manufactured home mortgage loans nationwide.|
|Alabama Manufactured Home Loans|
|Arizona Manufactured Home Loans|
|Arkansas Manufactured Home Loans|
|California Manufactured Home Loans|
|Colorado Manufactured Home Loans|
|Delaware Manufactured Home Loans|
|Florida Manufactured Home Loans|
|Georgia Manufactured Home Loans|
|Idaho Manufactured Home Loans|
|IllinoisManufactured Home Loans|
|Indiana Manufactured Home Loans|
|Iowa Manufactured Home Loans|
|Kansas Manufactured Home Loans|
|Kentucky Manufactured Home Loans|
|Louisiana Manufactured Home Loans|
|Maryland Manufactured Home Loans|
|Michigan Manufactured Home Loans|
|Minnesota Manufactured Home Loans|
|Mississippi Manufactured Home Loans|
|Missouri Manufactured Home Loans|
|Nebraska Manufactured Home Loans|
|Nevada Manufactured Home Loans|
|New Mexico Manufactured Home Loans|
|North Carolina Manufactured Home Loans|
|North Dakota Manufactured Home Loans|
|Ohio Manufactured Home Loans|
|Oklahoma Manufactured Home Loans|
|Oregon Manufactured Home Loans|
|South Carolina Manufactured Home Loans|
|South Dakota Manufactured Home Loans|
|Tennessee Manufactured Home Loans|
|Texas Manufactured Home Loans|
|Virginia Manufactured Home Loans|
|Washington Manufactured Home Loans|
|Wisconsin Manufactured Home Loans|
|Wyoming Manufactured Home Loans|
Latest posts by About Us (see all)
- 4 resources for those impacted by Harvey and Irma - September 15, 2017
- How do I repair storm damage not covered by my insurance ? - August 30, 2017
- Builder New Construction Loans - August 23, 2017